Re: WebIDL roadmap?

On Sep 16, 2009, at 16:47 , Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> What are the plans for stabilizing WebIDL and pushing it to Rec? The
> charter has it initially at CR in Q4 2008 - which obviously hasn't
> happened :)

In the case in which WebIDL is not realistically believed to be
moveable forward quickly, I'd also like to ask the editor and other
stake-holders what they would think of publishing a v1.0 consisting
only of what is considered solid (assuming that is enough for
referring documents to work with) and push some of the more complex/
contentious/unfinished features into a v1.1 (work on which can be
continued in the same way)? I know it would add a bit of overhead, but
it would be really useful if we could have an anchor in the dependency
game.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/