Re: [widgets] P&C, assertion in wrong spec

On Aug 30, 2009, at 18:54 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
>>> Oh yeah, explaining why would help:) Like with the UI product from
>>> the
>>> prev email, this UA does not execute or deal with scripts. It only
>>> deals with processing config.xml and zip files. It should not behave
>>> as a policy enforcement point.
>>
>> I think this requirement isn't appropriate for what we should
>> consider a
>> strict P+C UA. As such, this bug could be addressed in a number of
>> ways
>> including making the text non-normative, removing the text from the
>> spec,
>> etc.
>>
>> The text could also be included in a document that describes or
>> defines a
>> Widget [runtime] User Agent.
>
> I've requested that Robin add this text to the Widget URI spec. I
> think this text should live there for now, until we see if we have
> enough requirements to make a Widget UA spec.

Actually I think that the two issues should be kept separate. This may
have a room in the WURI spec because it's about enforcing access rules
for certain URIs.

I tend to think that the WUA spec is different: it's what you conform
to if you're a UA. It would include some UI shoulds, and arguably a
pointer to all the specs in the family (i.e. it could be the profile
spec).

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/