Re: [webdatabase] changeVersion should allow all callbacks to be optional

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>   The spec currently requires the first 2 callbacks for the
> changeVersion method, while the 3rd is optional.  The spec should make
> all of the callbacks optional so authors don't resort to specifying
> empty functions when they don't actually need to do anything with it.

On second thought, this might not be such a good idea.  If the purpose
of the first callback in this case is to allow the author to actually
make changes to the database, rather than simply change the version
number and do nothing else.  I just didn't realise that's what it's
purpose was at first.

FWIW, this API is insanely complicated and has way too many callbacks to
keep track of.  It's caused me a lot of confusion and makes using it
incredibly complex.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/