Re: Moving alerting methods to DAP (was: Re: [widgets] Draft Minutes from 13 August 2009 Voice Conf)

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:34:18 +0200, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Given that HTML5 is trying to get to LC within this decade, I doubt
> they'll accept that. The tendency is more to trim as many things out of
> the specification as they can find editors to sustain.
>
>>   Arve: I don't think DAP is right, but WebApps is OK if HTML WG
>>   doesn't want them
>
> Care to detail why?

This is a purity-above-all argument, really, hence "think" instead of
"does not belong in DAP".  Alerting methods are in no way device-specific
or device-bound. Nor are they particularily specific to widgets (or HTML5,
for that matter).

--
Arve Bersvendsen