Re: DnD vs CnP (was Copy/Paste Events)

timeless,

So, erm, your conclusion should be we follow MicroSoft Windows copy-
and-paste?
I still find that the immediate-clipboard-data-delivery is a safer
mechanism.
It's funny to fall on such a dichotomy!

Le 23-août-09 à 15:47, timeless a écrit :

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f427xyk8(loband).aspx
> With the advent of OLE, there are two Clipboard mechanisms in Windows.
> The standard Windows Clipboard API is still available, but it has been
> [...]
> Note that Windows really does lump clipboard and drag and drop
> together.

Wasn't it a person of MicroSoft that started that thread?

Thanks for the pointers. We now have more words: supply data on demand
or supply data immediately is the crucial difference.

The on-demand situation means: the application still must live for its
on-demand flavours to be available.

We're now porting it all to a web-browser: an application is a web-
page, a document that is. So on-demand copy-and-paste would stop being
available as soon the document is gone, i.e., as soon as the page is
changed following a link or a back, right?

I would feel bothered as a user.

paul