Re: HTTP status code equivalents for file:// operations - compat with xhr

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:50:18 -0400, Michael A. Puls II
<shadow2531@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:18:03 -0400, Michael A. Puls II
> <shadow2531@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> However note that I'm not sure that failing to parse should fire an
>> error event. For someone only caring about responseText things loaded
>> just fine. (I think I actually changed firefox from what you describe
>> to what I describe sometime after Firefox 2, for this very reason).
>> The "XML" part of the name "XMLHttpRequest" was never very true.
>>  Ah, understood. I think I could work around that by checking
>> responseXML to see if it's right. If it's not, perhaps I could manually
>> dispatch an 'error', if there's a way to manually, create and init a
>> progress event so that you can dispatch it. Will play with that.
>
> I can do this in FF:
[...]

A little better error handling:
<http://shadow2531.com/opera/testcases/xhr/file_reader.js>

I drop my request for HTTP status code compat.

I'll try to get the exception info vagueness fixed in browsers to improve
wrapability of XHR instead.

--
Michael