Re: Widget Accessibility

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:45:14 +0200, Simon Harper
<simon.harper@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> As far as I can see, the browser is the (JavaScript+HTML) interpreter,
> therefore a richer accessibility bridge is required, which will not be
> addressed by ARIA alone.

Just to clarify something here: The Widgets P&C specification is agnostic
with regards to the underlying technology platform, and does not actually
require the content contained within the widget to be web
content/applications.  If you want to use "Widgets" as a
container/packaging format for, say, Windows or Linux applications, you
are most certainly free to do so (not that I would recommend it, though).

As such, I believe the widget space is the wrong arena to discuss
accessibility issues, unless some part of the widget family of
specifications directly prohibit accessible applications.

--
Arve Bersvendsen