Re: [XMLHttpRequest] withCredentials=false and returned cookies

It appears that both Safari and Firefox ignore returned cookies from a cross
origin xhr when the credentials flag is set to false.  This behavior seems
very reasonable.
Should the XMLHttpRequest level 2 spec indicate that this is the expected
behavior?
Dave