Re: New FileAPI Draft | was Re: FileAPI feedback

Gregg Tavares wrote:
> I'd really like to contribute to this as I'm helping implement WebGL and we
> need a way to get LOTS of data into WebGL. Hundreds of files per app.
>
> That said, there's a bunch of things I don't understand about the API
>
> *) Given that XMLHttpRequest is limited to a same domain policy
Firefox 3.5 and Safari 4 support cross-domain XMLHttpRequest, mitigated
by CORS.  See, for example,
http://hacks.mozilla.org/2009/07/cross-site-xmlhttprequest-with-cors/
> but the img
> tag, audio tag, video tag, script tag and others are not, how do you resolve
> that with the FIle API?

The File API is meant to talk to your local file system.  It isn't a
"network download" API, but it seems that's what you want :-).  Perhaps
I am misunderstanding your question?

-- A*