Re: Is localStorage read and write-able offlne?

2009/7/30 Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>

> Jeremy Orlow wrote:
> > When used in conjunction with AppCache, the offline behavior of
> > localStorage should be reasonably deterministic.
>
> Doesn't localStorage depend on the domain (not origin, mind you!) of the
> page?

I don't know what you mean by this.  LocalStorage only cares about the
origin.

> What exactly is the domain for a file:// URI?

Everything in file:// is the same origin.  I think Mozilla has
been experimenting with changing this, but I can't remember how they handle
localStorage (if it's even different at all).