RE: Copy/Paste Events

timeless said:
>> so, one advantage of not distinguishing is that it enables people w/o mice to trigger drag events.

Do you have any data on how many people would be browsing with neither mouse nor touch capabilities? Are you mostly referring to non-touch mobile users?

>> if you don't do this, you effectively block such users from interacting with certain classes of web pages.

One possible solution is that copy-and-paste could be treated as drag-and-drop only when the browser is in Caret Browsing mode (do any browsers other than Firefox and IE have this?) and on mobile devices without touch capabilities.

-Jacob