Re: [selectors-api] Test Suite Progress

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> I've also begun to add tests for the namespace selector syntax [2] to
>> the second set, but they are currently a work in progress and are not
>> functioning properly. If anyone can figure out what I've done wrong,
>> please let me know.
>
> I'm glad to try to figure that out, if you give me some idea of what
> "not functioning properly" means here... As far as I can tell, Gecko and
> Webkit are both passing the namespace syntax tests you have here. Is the
> problem that they're passing when they shouldn't be? Or something else?

Both Minefield and Webkit trunk are failing those tests for me.  I have
all but one commented out just so it would make my debugging easier (see
lines 287 to 292 in 002.html).

But for the one that's still uncommented, it's failing.  In the current
version, the output is now:

FAIL Element.querySelectorAll: .any-namespace *|div, e.code = TypeError:
Result of expression 'found[f].style' [null] is not an object.

I just checked in a new copy that outputs the exception message for
debugging.  So based on that, the problem is that when it tries to check
the style of the found element, it fails because it's dealing with
elements in namespaces other than the HTML namespace, so they don't have
a .style property.  I'm not sure what we can do to workaround that easily.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/