Re: DataCache API - editor's draft available

This is very encouraging. It sounds like we agree in principal that the best
place for the features represented in the DataCache proposal are extensions
to the AppCache corner of the world.

My preference would be to keep the official AppCache spec stable right now,
but to begin designing those extensions sooner rather than later. This would
help inform the architecture of AppCache implementations underway by browser
vendors today, and help better inform application teams of what to expect as
well. The DataCache proposal is a great starting point.

In a sense, specify these extensions on a "development branch" of the spec.