Re: Widgets PAG seeks feedback on Widget Updates spec

Dear Robin,

Thanks for your email.

Robin Berjon a écrit :

>> There would then be a good case for the WG to spend some time on
>> devising a proper workaround.
>> Anyone sharing my opinion that the widget update feature will be
>> consistenly implemented (even if optional) ?
>
> You seem to be mixing up Widget Updates and the update() method, is
> that the case?
JCD: I understood the widget.update() method being discussed to be the
scripted version of the Widget Updates mechanism.
Please tell me if I am wrong. The current draft seems to still say that.
And I am really not sure that a script-triggered version of the update
mechanism can be discarded off-hand.
Best regards
JC

PS: test sequences may be informative, but their content defines what is
tested for normative behavior, so if a feature is tested in a sequence,
it will appear normative to lawyers, even if the text of the spec says
otherwise.

--
JC Dufourd
Groupe Multimedia/Multimedia Group