Re: An import statement for Web IDL

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> FWIW, I wrote this morning a dead-simple XSLT that does the extraction
> (in the context of the to-be-chartered Device APIs and Policy WG), and
> have been looking at widlproc [1] as a way to do XML-based analysis
> among WebIDLs files; if using XML-stack tools to accomplish the above is
> acceptable, I could certainly look into setting such a system up.
>
> What kind of consistency checks should it do?

I think the most important one would just be syntax checking -- making
sure the snippets are syntactically correct.

If you could make this accessible as a Web service, I would totally hook
this into my checkin script so that it could automatically verify my IDL
blocks at the same time as I check the HTML markup, cross-references, etc.