Re: [widgets] Step 7 - Process the Configuration Document

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Anne van Kesteren<annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> There is no paragraph preceding the list of steps making it all somewhat confusing.

Editorial: I've broken the section up by using <h4>s. There are now
two sub sections:

* Terminology Used in Processing Algorithm
* Processing Algorithm

The Processing Algorithm section now begins with, "The algorithm to
process a configuration document is as follows: "

> It should probably be a requirement that the document is _namespace_ well-formed. To prevent any confusion.

Editorial: right, now reads "If the document is not namespace
well-formed [XML]..."

> "If any of the following attributes are in error or invalid," is double and also somewhat recursive. E.g. invalid depends on the definition of in error. It is also unclear what "following attributes" refers to here.

Editorial: I've removed, "If any of the following attributes are in
error or invalid..". I instead dealt with the attribute errors in
place where they happen. This makes it consistent with the rest of the
algorithm and hopefully gets rid of the confusion.

> "If any other attribute, in any XML namespace, apart from xml:lang, is used, then the attribute is in error and the user agent must ignore it." Is this not again stating what has already been stated? Duplicating requirements makes the specification very hard to read.

Editorial: Agreed. This is no longer duplicated as the first assertion
has been removed.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au