Re: [File API] data URL method

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> This would be a more interesting discussion if someone could actually
> come up with a spec for localURL :)

Other than lifetime, is there anything major missing from the description
I sent originally?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/1110.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/1148.html

> and how do we prevent people from using it longer than that?

We don't need to. After it has expired it would act exactly like one of
these URIs with a bogus handle. e.g. if the URIs created by this API are
of the form local-file:93875, and that is the only particular one that has
ever been handed back, then local-file:00000 would return the equivalent
of a 404 or DNS error or some such. Then when a URL expires, it goes from
working normally to that error state.