RE: [Widgets] APIs and Events preference change

I agree with Scott's concern.

I'm not 100% up-to-speed with the latest modification to the HTML5 specs
(if any) but I remember that this kind of "Rubyesque" way of accessing
elements in the Storage is only present into the "attached usage
examples", but there is none in the API described in the document.

So far I would avoid to implement stuff like that: in Javascript there
is nothing, grammatically speaking.

There could be a way, manipulating the Prototype object, doing things
like:

    storageObject.setItem(key, value) {
        /* STORING CODE - DEPENDENT ON THE IMPLEMENTATION */
        this.prototype.__defineGetter__(key, function() { /* CODE TO
RETRIEVE THA VALUE FROM THE STORAGE - DEPENDENT ON THE IMPLEMENTATION */
});
    }

But I don't see it as very efficient and clean.
I'm more for a "Java-ish"/classic set/get solution.

Ivan De Marino
Orange Labs
Mobile and Web Software Engineer, R&D UK
tel. +44 20 8849 5806
mob. +44 7515 955 861

mob. +44 7974 156 216
 <mailto:firstname.lastname@orange-ftgroup.com>
ivan.demarino@orange-ftgroup.com

This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, is intended only for the
use of the person/s or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not
the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the
intended recipient) you must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on
this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this
e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and delete
all copies of this e-mail.  Thank you.

France Telecom R&D UK Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 4193379. Our registered office is Minerva House,
Montague Close, London, SE1 9BB.

  _____