widget signature proposed change: ABNF

Here is a revised proposal to updated Widget Signature to use ABNF. We
have to make adjustments since the strings are case sensitive now.
Here are the change to the editors draft [1] required:

1) Change section 1.1, Notational conventions as follows:

Replace
This specification uses the following syntax to define filenames.
Characters are appended to numbers to indicate cardinality: "?" (0 or
1) "*" (0 or more) "+" (1 or more)

A range of values is indicated by brackets, .i.e [1-9] indicates a
digit from the range 1 through 9 inclusive.

Concatenated values are written next to each other, with strings
indicated in quotes. Thus "signature" [1-9][0-9]* ".xml"means a string
consisting of "signature" followed by a digit in the range 1-9
inclusive, followed by zero or more digits in the range 0-9 inclusive,
for example, "signature12.xml".

with
This specification uses the following ABNF [ABNF] syntax to define
filenames. Rules are concatenated by being written next to each other
and a rule prepended by * means zero or more. See he ABNF RFC for
details.

2) Changes in the "Naming convention for a author signature:" in
section 5.2 Author Signatures:

The following ABNF [ABNF] rule defines the format of a author
signature file name:

Replace

The reserved file name "author-signature.xml"

with

The reserved lower-case (case sensitive) file name "author-
signature.xml", as defined by the following ABNF [ABNF] rule:

author-signature-filename = %d097 %d117 %d116 %d104 %d111 %d114 %d045
%d115 %d105 %d103 %d110   %d097 %d116 %d117 %d114 %d101 %d046 %d120
%d109 %d108

3) Changes in the "Naming convention for a distributor signature:" in
section 5.3 Distributor Signatures:

3a) Replace

"signature" [1-9][0-9]* ".xml"

with

The following ABNF [ABNF] rule defines the format of a distributor
signature file name:

distributor-signature-filename = signature-string non-zero-digit
*DIGIT  xml-suffix string

signature-string = %d115 %d105 %d103 %d110 %d097 %d116 %d117 %d114 %d101

non-zero-digit = %d049-%d057

xml-suffix-string =  %d046 %d120 %d109 %d108

The signature-string rule defines the lower-case (case sensitive)
string "signature" and the xml-suffix-string defines the lower-case
(case sensitive) string ".xml". non-zero-digit defines a digit in the
range 1-9. DIGIT is defined in RFC-5234 [ABNF] to mean a digit in the
range 0-9.

3b) in first bullet, replace 'consisting of the string "signature"'
with 'consisting of the lower-case string "signature"' and replace
'then ".xml", as stated by the BNF' with 'then the lower-case string
".xml", as stated by the ABNF'

3c) replace "BNF" with "ABNF" in the third bullet

4) Add reference to ABNF in references section, with source Jere noted:

   <dd>RFC 5234, <a href="http://www.ietf.org/rfc/
rfc5234.txt"><cite>Augmented BNF
                 for Syntax Specifications: <abbr title="Augmented
and P. Overell.
   January 2008.</dd>

Unless I hear otherwise by Monday, I will make this change to the
editors draft. If you agree with the change please let me know.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia