Re: [Widgets] APIs and Events preference change

Arve,

On Mar 5, 2009, at 9:14 AM, ext Arve Bersvendsen wrote:

> After the last F2F in Paris, I spoke to Ian Hickson about the
> Storage APIs in HTML5, and my understanding is now that his intent
> is to split this part of the spec into a separate document. This
> makes it much easier for us to reference an external spec, given
> that the scope of such a specification is much smaller.

One comment I received is:

[[
At the moment, there is no way to separate the localStorage for pages
that are stored in the same domain and file system is considered one
domain.

The result is that widgets could see each other's preferences.
]]

What are your thoughts on how to change the definition of localStorage?

-Regards, Art Barstow