RE: Widget API Set/GetPreferences vs. HTML5 Key/Value Pairs Storage

Hello.
Just to clearify: I never spoke about implementations.
I always spoke about interfaces to define in this Standard: adoption and
implementation is a "personal" step.
Neither the usage of a server side component nor a direct client side
javascript extension was in my target.

If this matter was already clear, then ignore this email ;)

> I would propose to introduce the same kind of methods available for
> HTML5 LocalStorage. Not necessarelly the same signatures, but
equivalent methods.
> This means to modify slightly the "widget" object introducing stuff
> like:
> class widget {
> 	long preferencesCount();
>
> 	string getPreferenceKey(long index) throws
DomException.INDEX_SIZE_ERR;

> 	string getPreference(string key);
>
> 	void setPreference(string key, string value) throws
DomException.QUOTA_EXCEEDED_ERR;

> 	void removePreference(String key);
>
> 	void preferencesClear();
> }
>
> This ensures "enumeration" and some "utility" methods that can become
> handy (like a "clear" and a "count").

Regards

---
Ivan De Marino
Orange Labs
Mobile and Web Software Engineer, R&D UK
tel. +44 20 8849 5806
mob. +44 7515 955 861
mob. +44 7974 156 216
ivan.demarino@orange-ftgroup.com

This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, is intended only for the
use of the person/s or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not
the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the
intended recipient) you must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on
this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this
e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and delete
all copies of this e-mail.  Thank you.

France Telecom R&D UK Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 4193379. Our registered office is Minerva House,
Montague Close, London, SE1 9BB.