From: Kai Hendry <hendry@aplix.co.jp>
Date: 2009/2/10
Subject: Widget test reorganisation
To: Robert Græsdal <robertg@opera.com>
Cc: Wilhelm Joys Andersen <wilhelmja@opera.com>, Marcos Caceres
<marcosscaceres@gmail.com>, public-mwts <public-mwts@w3.org>

Hi there,

Today I re-organised the widget tests http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtqa like so:

wgt/ tests that basically consist of a config.xml
gen/ tests that are dynamically created
suite/ static widgets created by the above folders for use in a harness

Quite poor names. I might rename them.

So what I'm missing is the test harness. I was thinking, could I load
the widgets from suite/ into the Widget Test Framework(WTF)? Or am I
missing the point?

I'm half-heartedly working on a 'conformance checker'. It's working
specifically with BONDI stuff right now:
http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtvalidator

Basically it extracts the widget to a URL. Then a tester points their
browser to that URL and the widget runs from there. Can Opera widgets
run just like Web applications?
Can they get access to the file API etc.? I guess that part does not
matter too much for now. Though it might be good if the Opera browser
could be forced to somehow take notice of the config.xml.

Btw the tests I've deployed on http://wgt.webvm.net/qa/ seem to crash
my linux build of:
Version: 10.00 Internal
Build: 4102