Re: Widget API Set/GetPreferences vs. HTML5 Key/Value Pairs Storage

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Scott Wilson
<scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a pretty radical change; I can certainly see the logic of it in
> terms of reducing spec overlap. However, it does presume that semantically a
> widget preference is the same as client-side storage. In our implementation,
> storage is definitely server-side, so this mechanism would not really work
> for us.

I'm not sure I understand the difference. Can you describe why your
implementation wouldn't be able to store the HTML5 API server-side?
Are there any changes we could do to the HTML5 API that would allow a
server-side back-end?

/ Jonas