Re: [cors] ACTION-11 API use cases

I don't think the presented XBL use case is valid:

"An XBL binding allows full access to the document it is bound to and
therefore cross-origin XBL usage is prohibited. The resource sharing
policy enables cross-origin XBL bindings. If the user is authenticated
with the server that hosts the XBL widget it is possible to have a
user-specific cross-origin  bindings."

I'm not sure whether "an XBL binding allows full access to the document
it is bound to" is talking about accessing the DOM of the bound-document
or the binding-document, but I don't think either case requires
access-control.

I don't see where the XBL spec says that the bound-document must have
access to the binding-document, so I don't understand why cross-origin
restrictions would apply.

And I don't understand why we should prohibit the XBL binding having
access to the bound-document. That's the whole point of XBL, and we
already have the same situation with <script src>. If you don't trust
the XBL bindings then don't reference them, just like with scripts.