Re: Required support for SVG in widgets

On Feb 4, 2009, at 00:22 , Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Is there a reason to require any formats?

Interoperability?

> In very few places we do
> this. For example the HTML and CSS specs don't require support for
> JPEG, GIF or PNG. Neither HTML or SVG require support for javascript.

Well, my point was that since the widgets spec requires support for
HTML, I don't see why it couldn't also require support for SVG given
that the implementations I know of support both. By requiring HTML and
not SVG it is giving some people the wrong impression that SVG is
verboten. So I'd say either 1) drop the requirement on HTML, 2) add a
requirement for SVG, or 3) explain why one is required and not the
other. I personally prefer (2).

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/