Re: Recent Selectors API Updates (was: Call for Consensus - Selectors Last Call)

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Cameron McCormack:
>>> * In section 6, I don’t think it’s necessary to explicitly mention
>>>   undefined, since it’s already handled by the annotation in the
>>>   IDL.  If you do want to include this in the prose, I think it
>>>   needs to be qualified to say that this applies to an ECMAScript
>>>   language binding of the interface.  (null’s OK, since you can
>>>   talk about null at the level of IDL values so it’s applicable to
>>>   any language.)
>
> Lachlan Hunt:
>> I don't see why this is a problem.  Technically both null and undefined
>> are handled by the IDL, but stating it implicitly in the prose makes it
>> clearer.
>
> I don’t mind it being repeated.

I got convinced on IRC that the redundancy isn't good and so I've now
removed the statement entirely.

I've also updated the IDL to include the [ImplementedOn=] extended
attribute and replaced the preceding prose about it being implemented on
those interfaces.

Finally, I updated the Terminology and Conventions section to define
that the interfaces referred to in the spec come from DOM3Core.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api/

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/