Re: [access-control] Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * and ascii-origin in IE8

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:36:12 +0100, Bil Corry <bil@corry.biz> wrote:
> Jonas Sicking wrote on 1/14/2009 12:53 PM:
>> The problem I think is that the current name, 'Origin',  is extremely
>> generic and so it's likely to cause confusion once we get other
>> headers containing origins.
>>
>> That said, I do understand that this is a very late change for you
>> guys. Developers will code to what works, so as long as things work
>> the same across browsers, with regards to this and the CSRF protection
>> header, things should be mostly ok.
>>
>> What do other people think?
>
> I liked your suggestion that would marry the two:
>
>  Jonas Sicking wrote on 1/12/2009 7:22 PM:
>  > That said, here is a solution that might work for both Access-Control
>  > and CSRF protection:
>  >
>  > Site A makes a request to site B,
>  >   the UA adds the header "Origin: A"
>  > Site B redirects the request to site C,
>  >   the UA adds the header "Origin: A, B"

This would mean significant changes to the draft which would not work well
for Microsoft. Renaming I would like to consider, changing the semantics
drastically seems out of order at this point.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>