Re: [access-control] Implementation comments

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:03:43 -0400, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>> Then I'll specify the former as special casing those methods here is
>>> something I rather not do. I'd much rather have addEventListener,
>>> addEventListenerNS, onprogress, etc. work consistently.
>>  I've done it this way. The 'progress' and 'load' events are only
>> dispatched if a preflight request has been made.
>
> Why just limit to those events? Seems simpler and more future proof to
> not fire any events on the upload object. That would also cover future
> events like 'redirect' and 'stall'.

I don't see any reason to prevent synthesized events from firing. If we
add more events we have to define when they dispatch anyway so that's not
a problem. (This is different from whether registered events force a
preflight or not, where it does make sense to have a catch-all.)

(Will address your other comments later. Currently at a conference in
Boston.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>