Re: #webapps is now logged

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:30:21 +0200, Krijn Hoetmer <krijnhoetmer@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

>> It is my understanding that Krijn implemented some type of "[off]"
>> functionality. Krijn - would you please provide a short summary
>> regarding that function (or a pointer to such information)?
>
> If you say "And the [off] is some secret info." you'll get
> http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/webapps/20080717#l-5 - that's it :) The
> stuff _is_ in the static log file, it's just not presented on my site.

Excellent! Thanks Krijn.

> ... it's not my intention to show it to anyone

Right.

> ... And if you don't want anybody to read what you said, just don't say
> it. Other people may log as well, and tools won't save you :)

True, but setting some expectations about what is reasonable behaviour
makes it easier to explain to people when they are being unreasonable.
There are, after all, not a lot of guarantees in life.

cheers

Chaals

http://my.opera.com/chaals   Try Opera 9.5: http://www.opera.com