Re: [selectors-api] Investigating NSResolver Alternatives

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:43:06 +0200, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:
> I have stripped all requirements from the spec relating to resolving
> namespace prefixes using an NSResolver.  Although it still has the
> requirement to throw a NAMESPACE_ERR when namespace prefixes that need
> to be resolved are encountered and still allows for "*|div" and "|div"
> to be used.
>
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api/

In theory it might be better to throw NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR so going forward
you can distinguish between the case where namespaces are not supported
and the case where they are, but you forgot to bind a prefix to a
namespace.

(Take into account that Web IDL might define additional arguments to be
ignored, as HTML5 currently suggests, and that the namespace binding
mechanism might be out of bound.)

Having said that, it probably doesn't matter much. :-)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>