[XHR] serializing Document (was: Re: XHR LC comments)

On Mon, 19 May 2008 18:09:40 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> Simon Pieters wrote:
>> FWIW, this is defined for getting innerHTML in XML:
>> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/section-dynamic.html#innerhtml1
>
> That's more like what I was looking for, yes.  I would be happy if XHR
> adopted that approach.

Ok, the data argument of send() is now serialized using data.innerHTML in
case data is a Document object. The encoding and header provisions stay
the same. If data.innerHTML raises an exception that exception is
re-raised by the send() API (INVALID_STATE_ERR is the only one).