Re: [XHR] referencing HTML5

On Fri, 16 May 2008 11:38:04 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> If you decide to keep the references, I don't see how this document can
> advance. Not sure how it works in W3C land, but in IETF land you simply
> can't have a normative reference to something that is work in progress.

The idea is to advance to Candidate Recommendation (which is possible) and
then await implementations. Once we have two interoperable implementations
and HTML5 has not yet matured enough we'll revisit this issue and either
decide to wait for HTML5 or make several parts of the specification
informative (implementation defined, effectively) in order to reach
Recommendation without having the HTML5 dependency.