Re: [XHR] Comments on the latest public working draft

On Tue, 13 May 2008 09:25:42 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 May 2008 17:26:07 +0200, Julian Reschke
>> <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, *if* you subset it, please make it in a consistent way. If the
>>> subsetting applies to GET, it should also apply to HEAD.
>>  Would it stop with HEAD or would there be more methods to consider
>> going forward? If it's just HEAD I suppose we could add it, yes.
>
> It would stop with HEAD, because HEAD and GET by definition should do
> the same thing (except for HEAD not returning the response body).

Actually, it seems that implementations do pass it through for HEAD. It is
just GET where they don't and given that we can't allow it for cross-site
GET requests anyway I think forward consistency is desirable. More
background information is available in this thread:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2007Dec/thread.html#msg8