Re: IE Team's Proposal for Cross Site Requests

On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:43:51 +0200, Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> Just to be clear, OpenAjax Alliance as an organization has not
> established a formal position on the debate of XHR2+AC, XDR or other
> similar cross-domain request proposals.
> But for IE9/FF4/Safari4/Opera.NEXT, let's please get together on this
> issue. I call on a good faith effort by the principal parties in this
> discussion to meet face-to-face and start work to hammer out a unified
> proposal that is acceptable to all.

This is in fact one of two items for the next face to face. The other,
hopefully secondary, is cleaning up any outstanding issues in XHR1 (since
XHR2 depends on that in any case, and since there are several
critical-path folks who are the same person).

Of course, the meeting relies on timely input. We are waiting on Microsoft
to raise specific issues so we can analyse them and put them on the
agenda. I am hopeful that having scheduled a face to face meeting a couple
of months away isn't taken as a reason not to continue the more aggressive
process that would have been required to justify holding telecons, as
Microsoft originally requested - there is certainly no barrier to holding
telconferences before the meeting.

cheers

Chaals