Re: [SelectorsAPI] Thoughts on querySelectorAll

* John Resig wrote:
>This is due to the fact that element-rooted queries are handled by
>"finding all the elements that match the given selector -- rooted in the
>document -- then filtering by the ones that have the specified element
>as an ancestor." This is completely unacceptable.

I agree with this, clearly this should be defined that the matching
occurs as if each of the parts in the group had been prefixed by a
selector matching the context node and only the context node and a
descendant combinator, so e.querySelector("x") would just be short
for ...querySelector("... > *:nth-child(a) > ... > *:nth-child(n) x")
or equivalent.