Re: [Element Traversal LC] access to element by index

Doug Schepers wrote:

> The question is, can we revisit it in light of existing implementations
> in JSR-280 and in deployed code in mobile devices?  At the very least,
> we would have to leave 'childElementCount', and add an additional
> nodeList (be it static or live).  At that point, yes, it does seem like
> it might be getting a little heavy, and may also lead to
> non-interoperable content.
>
> I will liaison with JSR and with the SVG WG to see how they feel about
> this decision.  I can see both sides, so I'll abide by the will of the
> WebAPI WG and the dependent groups.

Let me summarize that : vendors implemented something that is not even
a CR yet, so it's an-risk document, and you should take that as an
argument against changes ???

My answer is clearly NO. Drafts are well DRAFTS. Their introduction
explicitely states it's not recommended to assume the specification
is firm and will remain as is.

</Daniel>