Re: Dedicated Geolocation List and Channel

Hi, Folks-

Doug Schepers wrote (on 6/3/08 10:24 AM):

>  From an IPR perspective, in order for a large company (or other
> organization) to get involved in the WG, they would have to do a
> wide-ranging (and lengthy and expensive) patent search.  To join the WG,
> the company's patent search would have to cover *everything* that the
> WebApps WG is doing, not just geolocation.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the WebApps WG here... obviously, to
join the proposed Geolocation WG, a company would only have to do a
patent search and PP commitment on *geolocation*, not everything in the
WebApps WG. :)

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI