Re: Form Serialization Idea

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:22:55 +0200, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> interface HTMLFormElement {
>   string getDataSetString(); raises FileException
>   string toJSONString(); raises FileException
> };

I like the idea, but not this concrete namning proposal. Can't
'toString()' be overloaded to accommodate this requirement for the
HTMLFormElement? I'm not quite sure how the overload should look like, but
I think this variable information fits better in an argument to a method
than in the method name itself. Thus, I'd rather see:

   HTMLFormElement.toString('application/json');

I'm not quite sure what getDataSetString() would return, though. Could you
elaborate?

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no