Re: XMLHttpRequest: BOM detection for responseText

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Based on feedback from Microsoft the algorithm used by responseText now
> takes the potential BOM of the entity body into account. Please let me
> know if you spot any issues with this:
>

> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/Overview.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#text-response-entity-body

As discussed in an earlier thread, I don't think that specifically
mentioning text/xsl is a good thing. I'd argue that those who feel that
it's necessary to bake in special support for text/xsl should do their
homework and get the type registered through IANA.

Best regards, Julian