Re: The XMLHttpRequest Object comments

Your attention to detail is much appreciated!

On Mon, 07 May 2007 17:05:59 +0200, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Implementations should support some version of XML. If they don't
> support some version of XML responseXML must always be null. [XML]
> [XMLNS]
> ]]
>
> Does it mean a conformant implementation could support NO version of XML?

Yes, in theory.

> The version implied by the text is the version of XML. So "1.0" and
> "1.1". There must be a reference to XML 1.1 specification in that
> respect

Argh, really? Having two references for XML seems already too much to me
:-) I think the current text and references are good. Apart from Opera I'm
not sure any user agent actually supports XML 1.1 so normatively
referencing it doesn't like a good idea to me. The language used in the
specification is backed up by the references which say XML 1.0 and
Namespaces for XML 1.0.

> What is not clear is about support XML 1.0 or XML 1.0 with Namespaces
> : what is the expected behavior if the filename send is
> [[
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <::/>
> ]]
> which is a valid XML 1.0 file but not a valid XML 1.0 with Namespaces ?
>
> Please clarify the behaviour regarding this

This is clear in the specification. It requires files to be namespace
well-formed.

> == 1.2.2. Terminology ==
> [[
> There is a case-insensitive match of strings a and b if after
> lowercasing both strings (by mapping A-Z to a-z) they are identical.
> ]]
>
> I would prefer to read
>
> [[
> There is a case-insensitive match of strings s1 and s2 if after
> upercasing both strings (by mapping a-z to A-Z) they are identical.
> ]]
> s1 and s2 because there is less confusion with letter a and b
> uppercasing because it is used latter in the spec for method

Fair enough, done.

> ==References==
> [[
> [RFC2617]
>     HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest Access Authentication, ...
> ]]
> should be
> [[
> [RFC2617]
>     HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest Access Authentication, P.
> Hallam-Baker, J. Hostetler, S. Lawrence, P. Leach, A. Luotonen, L.
> Stewart, editors. IETF,
> June 1999
> ]]

Indeed! Fixed.

> Warning for next step : Reference to "Window Object" and "Document
> Object Model (DOM) Level 3 Events Specification" are Working Draft

Well, I think we can go to Candidate Recommendation and sit there until
everything reaches that level, much like SVG Tiny 1.2 did.

> ==Typo==
> s/reqeust/request/
> s/resonse/response/

Fixed!