Re: ECMAScript binding for EventListener

* Cameron McCormack wrote:
>The SVG WG wants to ensure that the ECMAScript binding for the
>EventListener interface (as used by EventTarget.addEventListener) in SVG
>Tiny 1.2 is consistent with DOM 3 Events.

The only appropriate way to do that is through normative reference to
DOM Level 3 Events. Clearly SVG Tiny 1.2 is not the right place to de-
fine DOM Level 3 Events ECMAScript bindings.

>Implementations typically support two ways of representing an
>EventTarget: either a function with a single argument, or an object with
>a 'handleEvent' property that is a function with a single argument.  If
>that isn’t what DOM 3 Events currently says, I suggest it be made so.

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-webapi/2006May/0014.html,
I am waiting for the DOM<>ECMAScript specification to appear. I believe
you are the current editor...