Re: [XHR] responseXML interfaces

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:30:46 +0200, Alexey Proskuryakov
<ap-carbon@rambler.ru> wrote:
> On 6/27/07 5:00 PM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
>>> Is it intentional that other interfaces are not mentioned at all? Some
>>> browsers create objects implementing HTMLDocument interface, and it is
>>> not entirely obvious how this should be done.
>>
>> The HTML 5 specification requires that HTMLDocument is implemented for
>> each object implementing the Document interface.
>
>   Currently, the XHR draft doesn't reference HTML 5, as far as I
> understand.

Correct. That's not a problem though. HTML 5 makes this requirement on
object implementing the Document interface. XMLHttpRequest doesn't have to
state it again. However, I suppose we'll need to refer to HTML 5 in due
course for things like non-same origin and document.domain.

>> Any suggestions on what we could say?
>
> I'm afraid that only have a few data points, namely, that no
> sub-resources should be loaded, inline scripts should not be executed,
> and XSL
> transformations shouldn't be applied.

Ok, I'll look into that.