Re: Recent spec change to XMLHttpRequest default Content-Type

Carsten Orthbandt <carsten@pixeltamer.net> wrote:

> It's obviously no big deal to re-add [Content-Type headers]. The point is
> that all available material said that stripping Content-Type would be fine
> and in fact it was. Now it's not and I suspect that we are not the only
> ones to get bitten by it. A webapp that spews hundreds of red errors in
> Firefox is simply not an option.

My company's firewall blocks all incoming HTTP responses that do not contain
a valid Content-Type.  I suspect that we are not alone in doing this.

If you are selling such an application, would your customers find it
acceptable that people couldn't access it?

--
Stewart Brodie
Software Engineer