Re: ACTION-61: text for embedding part of the Window object

Ian Hickson wrote:
>> Quite frankly, I don't see how point 4 is compatible with the real
>> world.
> I've broadened the allowances in the spec. How about now?

Now it effectively says "UAs do whatever they want."  Compatible with the real
world, and existing UAs, sure.  Not that useful to future UA implementors...
But I'm not sure what would be.

> I've changed the spec so that if you navigate a top-level browsing context
> whose name has been set using window.name (which is the only way to set a
> name on a top-level browsing context as far as I can tell) to a new
> origin, then the name is reset.

Why only top-level?  And this doesn't really address the concern I raised about
window.name (and window targeting) seeing names set by some other site when it
opened you in a popup...

-Boris