Re: [xhr] proxy-connection header

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:37:26 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> So I think we should disallow this header since we're disallowing
>> "Connection" as it might otherwise confuse proxies.
>
> Agreed. I have not added Proxy-Authorization as setting the
> Authorization header is allowed as well.

The part I'm worried about is that the Authorization header will be
picked up by your (the authors) web sever. However Proxy-Authorization
will be picked up by the proxy. Using this you can potentially launch a
distributed brute-force password attack against a company proxy. This is
why I'm in general thinking that disallowing Proxy-* might be a good idea.

/ Jonas