Re: New draft of Progress events

* Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>So I agree, adjusted the example to look for the error case, but didn't do
>the rest yet.

Note that in "if !(evt.total == 0)" the condition must be in braces, so
e.g. "if (!(evt.total == 0))".

>> * there is also no need to use scripting to change the xlink:href
>> attribute, you could easily use <set> instead.
>
>I think it is more obvious what is going on if you use the script to make
>the change - although it is a matter of personal taste as far as I can tell.
>If there is an outcry in favour of set I can happily change it, but left it
>alone for now.

I think the example is rather confusing as it stands, especially the so-
called loadAnimation. In SVG 1.1 the attributeName attribute is required
but in the example it doesn't have one. I am not really sure how the ex-
ample is really meant to be.

>I thought they were SVG attributes and so using the namespace is fine, or
>am I missing something?

You create

  <rect {http://www.w3.org/2000/svg}width='...' ...

while you have to create

  <rect {}width='...' ...

since only the latter has well-defined semantics. There simply are no
attributes in the http://www.w3.org/2000/svg namespace. You also would
not write

  <rect xmlns:svg='...' svg:width='...' ...

>> * The init method's prototypes are wrong, the arguments should be
>> exactly those of initEvent/NS in the correct order, followed by
>> arguments for the additional context information.
>
>? I don't get what you mean.

Is:

  void initProgressEventNS(in DOMString namespaceURI,
                           in DOMString typeArg,
                           in unsigned long loadedArg,
                           in unsigned long totalArg,
                           in boolean cancelableArg);

must be:

  void initProgressEventNS(in DOMString namespaceURI,
                           in DOMString typeArg,
                           in boolean canBubbleArg,
                           in boolean cancelableArg,
                           in unsigned long loadedArg,
                           in unsigned long totalArg);

The same for initProgressEvent without the namespaceURI (you could also
switch loadedArg and totalArg, either other is fine with me).

>As soon as you are happy to have a draft ... please say so.

I will.