Re: Selector API names - strawman

Hi-

Robin Berjon wrote:

> Here is a proposal that is intended to satisfy both the brevity nazis,
> and those who like meaningful method names. I don't really like them
> myself, but I can live with them.
>
>  - Document.css()
>  - Document.cssAll()
>  - Element.css()
>  - Element.cssAll()
>
> Same length, but with meaning.

No, no, no.  Burn that strawman.  I'd much rather have ".match()" and
".matchAll()" (or just about anything else).  I have a suspicion that
".css*()" would *really* confuse people into thinking it's a way of
setting CSS style properties, or getting elements by classname, or just
about anything other than a generic selector language.

Again, my suggestion is ".nodeBySelector()" and ".nodelistBySelector()"
(or something like that).  ".nodeByMatch()"/".nodelistByMatch()"?

Regards-
-Doug