Re: heads-up on use of unnamespaced event types in XBL2

On Jan 08, 2007, at 14:28, Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
> If XBL2 markup is put into a separate XBL namespace, then it makes
> sense that XBL2's events are also in a separate XBL namespace (same
> namespace URI). Also, if you put the events in the XBL namespace,
> you should remove the "xbl-" prefix on the event names.

The WebAPI WG's consensus (obtained with blood and tears) on this
topic has so far been that while namespaces are required so that
application components can define their own namespaces, namespace
proliferation isn't desirable. As a result, the WebAPI WG has
declared itself competent to assign names in the null namespace, if
only for itself and other W3C WGs.

I don't really care either way, but it's nice when policies don't
change, and when consensual decisions are not revisited, especially
those that were painful to all involved :)

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/
"We need to create a hybrid country which has the best of all worlds!