Re: XHR: responseText encoding detection

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:43:25 +0100, Alexey Proskuryakov
<ap-carbon@rambler.ru> wrote:
> Another consideration: architecturally, it may be unwise to combine both

Agreed, but that's how it is.

> For XML parsing, DOM3 Load (or another dedicated API) could provide much
> more control. Obviously, we cannot remove responseXML from
> XMLHttpRequest, but not adding more known formats sounds like a good
> idea to me.

Is such control really needed? For most people having responseXML seems
fine. Given how widely used HTML is it makes sense to make responseXML
also work for text/html resources given that browsers treat text/html as
prescribed by HTML5.