RE: XMLHttpRequest for Last Call

Sunava Dutta schrieb:
> Hello Julian,
> We do currently support all WebDAV HTTP verbs from RFC2518.
>
> 	PROPFIND
> 	PROPPATCH
> 	MKCOL
> 	GET
> 	HEAD
> 	POST
> 	DELETE
> 	PUT
> 	COPY
> 	MOVE
> 	LOCK
> 	UNLOCK
>
> And also OPTIONS.
>
> Details available here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml
> /reference/objects/obj_xmlhttprequest.asp

It's nice to know that you (know) allow the methods that you implement
in Microsoft products. But what about other methods specified in IETF
RFCs (RFC3253, RFC3648, RFC3744, ...) -- not invented here, thus evil?
They (still) do not work. What's the point in putting known methods into
a white list? By definition, POST is the most insecure methods because
it can do *anything*, so why restrict anything at all if you allow POST?

Best regards, Julian